Though this game is fairly short, it showcases a very difficult to defend, but brilliant build from Feast. We'll go through this game more than once to fully admire the cleverness that is Feast's opening! In particular
- What is the goal of Feast's build? (ultra fast 3rd base w/ colossus and almost no gateway units)
- How would Feast's build exploit a typical zerg play? (Such as a zerg that goes fast 3base w/ no gas)
- How does Feast's build respond upon seeing Bly's play?
- What are all the cool defensive techniques Feast sets up that we don't see used!?
I lurved dis game :>.
Q&A With Day
- Could Feast have made further use of that Stargate beyond the void ray and last phoenix, and if so, what? You've said before that a structure that's not doing anything should probably have been cut.
- How can we tell as a protoss that a build as unit-less as this is safe to do? was it the 2 base or something else?
- What would have been better way for the Zerg player to deal with the possible air threat without sacrificing the ability to punish a greedy Protoss?