We'll be looking at the WCS Ro4 matches between LiquidHero and AxRyung! We've been seeing a rise of HELLBAT BASED COMPOSITIONS LATELY (lulz innovation), so we're going to take a cursory look at it today. We'll talk about
- The underlying motivation for hellbat based play
- The basic ways that players are incorporating hellbats
- Some general Protoss techniques to combat the composition
- Some general Protoss techniques that SUCK
Learning will occur!
Q&A With Day
- Do you think that a Stargate opening into Robotics is a proper deterrent for the hellbats? I think that having a few oracles and phoenix can let protoss get fewer gateway units and pump them immortal/colossus, your thoughts?
- Would zealots/archons work well against this kind of hellbat build, as long as the archons hit the hellbats first?
- How many immortals would be ideal in the composition against Hellbat/Marine/Marauder/Medivac?
- In those early games, could the vikings have been used more effectively in the decisive battles, or do they not have an effective role with those comps?
- I recently versed this style of terran on ladder in masters league (He said he learnt it from ForGG) and I got crushed so bad. If it gets to 3/4 base and the terran maxes out on heavy heavy Marauder/Hellbat/Viking/Medivac can the protoss win? Because I got trashed so bad in a straight up engagement. They can add ghosts in as well.
- How do you feel about early banshee pressure and hellbat drops to keep the protoss pinned in his base? I feel Raven based play and the Transforming upgrade for the hellions/hellbats would be beneficial.