Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.
What to Post Here
Talk about any indie game here, only one topic post per game though, please use the search function before starting a new one! Whatever you post make sure it prompts discussion and has plenty of content!
- Upcoming Indiegogo or Kickstarter games you're making or want to see funded (must still follow Link Sharing rules below). Only one post per game though, so use the search function!
- Your all time favorite indie games and why you love them
- Personal stories and experiences about being a game developer
- Questions to indie game developers
- Requests for feedback on early game ideas
- Recruiting designers/artists/programmers/etc. to help with your game
- If you're starting a thread for a game, don't just write one sentence. Try to include a picture or video as well.
- If you like what someone is saying, let them know in your response!
- Criticism should be constructive.
- Clever comments are encouraged, trolls are not.
- Try and keep posts to PG-13.
Starting a topic about an article/page on another website to start discussion on that topic here is perfectly acceptable (and encouraged). However, the topic must contain enough content to warrant its own thread without requiring readers to click through the link to the original source.
- Original authors: Please do not just post a link to receive traffic. Post the full content, or if you feel that is too much a good summary. We also have a very powerful rich text editor. Use it. Don't just copy/paste plaintext.
- Sharing other's work: Provide a level of understanding of the article by summarizing, quoting (make sure to cite the quote!) and/or putting the concept into your own words.
- Media: Make sure to embed any essential media in the topic. You can do this by pasting the url of a youtube video, or drag&droping actual images.
- Initiating Discussion: Make sure to provide a call to discussion if the rest of your post does not already do so. This can easily be starting by providing your own insights, or asking open ended questions.