Platform: PC/Mac (Steam)
Developer: Studio Guts
Status: In Development (Kickstarter Launching July 30th)
Genre: Platformer, Action, Tower Defense
HUMANITY HAS BEEN BROUGHT BACK INTO THE DARK AGES BUT REMNANTS OF A ONCE HIGHLY ADVANCED CIVILIZATION STILL EXIST.
In a world where control over ancient technologies equals power, a ruthless and power-hungry Empire has arisen. You play as a pair of Ruinhunters searching for the one thing that can save their village - a legendary weapon known as Aegis.
Aegis Defenders is a game where you will explore lost ruins, build up your characters, and then defend the ancient relics you find from waves of enemies.
- Discover the world of Elam, a beautiful and yet dangerous place lost to time. Brimming with dangerous beasts, forgotten ruins, and powerful relics, Elam is brought to life with a unique hand painted pixel art style by Bryce Kho.
- Solve puzzles that require teamwork even if you're playing alone! Using our Dynamic Character Swapping Feature, you can switch between multiple characters who will perform passive abilities when left alone(they won't just disappear or remain static).
Level up and customize unique character classes (Engineer and Hunter to start. Monk and Assassin are stretch goals!). The engineer will unlock new turrets and defenses while the Hunter will wield new weapons and traps.
Craft special equipment by finding ancient artifacts and forging new creations in Bart's workshop.
- Fight off enemies from all sides - but you won't have to do it alone. Using our Dynamic Character Swapping feature, switch between multiple characters on the battle field. You'll need to position your characters carefully and utilize their passive abilities effectively if you want to survive.
- Play the way you want and come up with your own creative strategies. While we've been testing this game, we've seen players utilize countless strategies that are all viable paths to success(even if they're slightly ridiculous).
- Multiple Tower Defense Gameplay Types - Defending one point can be hard enough but that's just the beginning. As the game progresses, you'll need to defend targets that move, targets that have dynamic abilities like activating doors/weapons, and even targets that don't want to be protected.
Too dangerous to go alone? Our first stretch goal is to add local cooperative multiplayer! *Note that this screenshot is still playable in single player mode with Dynamic Character swapping.
Aegis Defenders had its start as a graphic novel with a rich lore and backstory and we envision this game as the start of a much bigger universe. Aegis Defenders takes place in a world where a great war has wiped humanity's memory clean of its once technologically advanced past. Now, common place items like microwaves are like black magic. And robots? Robots that look like humans but have super natural strength and intellect? Well, to them, they look like gods.
The core story of Aegis Defenders is about the relationship between Bart and his granddaughter Clu (Yes. She's a girl). Many years ago, their home Anwyn was destroyed by the demi-god Shem, one of the robotic gods who has been programmed to preserve the lives of his people at any cost, and now Shem is expanding his dominion once again.
Aegis Defenders focuses on their journey to stop Shem from invading their new home of Mu by finding Aegis, a mythical weapon said to bring about its bearer absolute power.
Aegis Defenders Kickstarter will be launching on July 30th, 2014.