Day analyzes every aspect of a TvZ match up between Haypro and STX, a grandmaster player. He focuses on all aspects of the game, and explains the
mechanics and the thought process behind the players' decisions, and why
they work or don't work.
Q&A With Day
-Why is getting a larger army better than getting an upgraded army? In my mind, the upgrades should make up for the difference in army size.
-Haypro invested quite a bit into Ultras, do you feel he could have done better by spending a bit less on Ultras and more on mixing it up with more lings, Banelings, and Roaches?
-I am frequently losing to early pushes or hard pressure which prevents me from Droning very much, if at all. How can I hold off/keep up in economy while still defending constant brutal pressure?
-Considering the amount of money he spent on wasting Ultralisks, wouldn't Brood Lords have been far more effective, seeing as the Siege tanks could have fired on his own Units?
- LiquidHayPrO(Z) v STX(T) on Jungle Basin
- Zerg sees the expansion block, builds a spawning pool (not preparing for something that maybe annoying)
- Difference between trying to get all your upgrades fast and the proper timing of getting upgrades when needed
- Having overall caution as you push forward; making sure of the arc of your army placment
- Unit movement pulled back in the direction to your rally point of your base -helping reinforcing your forward movement