First has been impressing EVERYBODY with his stellar performance in WCS. His PvP is no different. PvP is typically a matchup marked by early aggression and mid to late passivity. However, First does the exact opposite! He plays a hyper defensive style designed to react to his opponent and throws out some nutty mid-game timings with almost no units. In these games we'll see
- What the significant early PvP timings are
- How the AGGRESSIVE but SUBTLE scouting of First helps him identify what is happening early on
- The adjustments that First makes to stay alive early on
- The extremely odd and unusual unit production choices that First makes -> virtually zealot and stalker free!
- The incorporation of warp prism harass as a core maneuver throughout the game.
Q&A With Day
- Could you explain more about the "ah-ha" moment of this daily? you made a big deal about the zealot drop but it didn't seem terribly game changing, is the point that lots of gates provide good versatility or that First did some crazy tactic?
- Is stargate a more safer move than trying to get your own robo units?
- In a silver level where alot of early gate pushes are common would the DTs be a good defense to it?
- Wouldn't you say that Rain's lack of gateways is more of a result of him having 2 robos and just not having the economy for it?
- You made a point about the gateway count. When Rain scouts First's single colossus attack, why doesn't he just stop colossi production in favor of more gates because he already has a 3 colossi lead?
- Towards the beginning of the game would First be in danger of rain scouting the cancel on dt shrine?