Today we're going to analyze and breakdown Polt's absolutely stunning ability to create 1-sided TvP games. In particular we'll talk about
- The surprising lack of drops and medivacs in early game
- The timing of his additional barracks to overwhelm his enemy in the midgame
- The use of decisive late game drops to combo with his massive marauder army
- The generally smaller number of vikings/ghosts in his attacks
These games will be from the WCS NA finals!
Q&A With Day
- What is the best way to protect from early DT and oracle when doing this build?
- How does polt know where to move his army? For example, he had 2 medivacs worth of units at the top before doing that drop, but he didn't yet know that the drop was a good idea until after he'd sent the units.
- If Polt delays his upgrades, what effect does that have on his army and gas timings at his natural?
- We saw almost no immortals in these games. Would earlier Immortals help stave off the large marauder army?
- If a Protoss decided to do a High Zealot count + Collosi push around the 13 min mark against this large bio army could this be effective?