Once upon a time, Jaedong was heralded as one of the worst ZvPs for a top player. However, at the WCS Season 2 finals, he blew everyone's expectations with absolutely incredible play, even 3-0'ing LGIMFirst in the SemiFinals! We'll explore
- What the common openings are from a Protoss perspective: air+robo variations
- What the Protosses expect from the Zerg and how it creates weaknesses
- Jaedong's overall gameplan: fast ling upgrades and aggressive countering
- How the overall gameplan exploits Protoss weaknesses
Want to see these games yourself? Download them from Blizzard's recent announcement page!
Q&A With Day
- What is your favorite poster behind you?
- As a Protoss player attempting to expand to a 3rd, I often find that I fall prey to the aggressive ling pushes. Is there any way to expand safely in most maps?
- How do you think Jaedong would respond if first was doing a gateway heavy push at around 9-10 minutes like Jim did against scarlett in WCS america on belshir vestige?