This best of 3 from the DreamHack Bucharest semifinal provides a wonderful educational example of how both Terran and Zerg adjust differently according to the read on their opponent! What we'll see in this episode is
- An example of a "typical, standard game." We'll talk in depth about the SLIGHT changes each player makes to the ultimate, by-the-book standard play
- A second game that shows Roach Hydra from Life and a response to go for tanks from Innovation! In particular, we'll see that Innovation is able to perform this maneuver as a "response" and not a pre-planned build order.
- A third game in which Life performs a cute all-in timing as a response to his opponent's timing!
These games can be downloaded in this replay pack
Q&A With Day
- Is the one queen marching across the map really that significant in that last game?
- In part 2 we saw Innovation take advantage of Life's lack of spire. What do you think the correct response to Innovation's play would have been for Life in this situation?
- Why do you think that ventral sacs are used less tactically than warp prism play and medivacs?
- Do you think that drop play could be a really nice response to defensive terran play?
- Is it viable for Life to expand as he put on his pressure after he saw no bunker at the front in game three. Could he have possibly put on a little roach pressure and got geared up for a macro game in an instance where his all-in failed?