|Creator: QuantumJump||Prep Time: 30 mins||Difficulty: Easy|
|Serving: serves 3-4||Cooktime: 15 mins|
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 large sausages
- 6 slices streaky bacon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely or crushed
- 2 medium-sized courgettes(zucchinis for you yanks :P), cut into bite-sized chunks
- 400g/14oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 fat red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp/1 cube concentrated chicken stock + 1/2 mug water
- 400g/14oz tin butter beans, drained
- crusty bread to serve
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, and fry the sausages and bacon until both are browned. Remove from the pan and cut each sausage into 3. Cut the bacon into small pieces.
Fry the onions and garlic in the meat juices for 2-3 minutes.
Add the courgettes, tomatoes, tomato purée, sugar and chilli to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Return the sausages and bacon to the pan, add the stock, water, and the butter beans. Bring to the boil, season with pepper (the bacon is PJSalty enough). Simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve together with the crusty bread.
A great one-pot comfort meal with great texture and taste