Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness.
What to Post Here
This forum is for StarCraft strategy discussion. Talk about the new strategies, theorycraft, discuss balance changes, post tips and tricks, ask for advice, etc.
- Tag your topics. This will make it easier for people to find topics to give advice, or find information. Always include one of these tags in a topic:
- [T] Theorycrafting: talking about balance changes, anything not experimented
- [H] Help: request help - make sure to be as detailed as possible and include replays if applicable
- Make sure to include your skill level as well (bronze, master, pro)
- Make sure you watch the replay before responding
- [G] Guide: This is where you can share your strategy or way of playing the game for others to benefit
- Make sure you've done your research and what you are suggesting is actually useful to others
- If this is a strategy that works best in certain leagues, make sure to tag them (there are strategies that work well in bronze, and others that only work in masters or above) Include every league you think it will work.
- When making claims, support them with evidence. Make sure your arguments are elevated.
- If you like what someone is saying, let them know in your response!
- Criticism should be constructive.
- Clever comments are encouraged, trolls are not.
- Try and keep posts to PG-13.
Starting a topic about an article/page on another website to start discussion on that topic here is perfectly acceptable (and encouraged). However, the topic must contain enough content to warrant its own thread without requiring readers to click through the link to the original source.
- Original authors: Please do not just post a link to receive traffic. Post the full content, or if you feel that is too much a good summary. We also have a very powerful rich text editor. Use it. Don't just copy/paste plaintext.
- Sharing other's work: Provide a level of understanding of the article by summarizing, quoting (make sure to cite the quote!) and/or putting the concept into your own words.
- Media: Make sure to embed any essential media in the topic. You can do this by pasting the url of a youtube video, or drag&droping actual images.
- Initiating Discussion: Make sure to provide a call to discussion if the rest of your post does not already do so. This can easily be starting by providing your own insights, or asking open ended questions.
The Usual Stuff